It’s all been going diamond-shaped!!
Completed a lot of hand stitching on the internal lining and on the external corners of the ottoman box. Phew that’s an awkward and a time-consuming job out of the way!
I’ve been working on the chaise back, measuring out the deep button placements, creating a luxury look with a diamond pattern – in rows of 4/5 button places. Initially I didn’t do any measuring, I placed pins to give me an idea of spaces for the deep-buttoning to decide the best shape & size of the diamond pattern – when I was happy, I measured it all out precisely.
Next job was to mark out the button places and cut through the calico in a cross, creating enough space to chisel through the wadding and the foam. After completing that, thanks to an apple corer (!), it was on with a cotton felt layer to give it a softer feel and then poly wadding immediately on top.
It’s now ready for the lush top cover…that’ll be in next weeks installment!!