Queen Anne chairs
I’ve enjoyed the festive season but happy to get back to all this now…
I have managed to get my hands on some interesting items here… a pair of Queen Anne mahogany ‘drop-in’ chairs that been painted cream, but on the positive, they have been ripped out already which will save me some work!
And a new type of project for me is a french headboard, I think the wood is walnut. Some beautiful detailing in the wood and all in great condition.
But before I get my hands on these, I’ll be focusing on finishing my Ottoman/Chaise…
Yes, even if I do say so myself!! Job done…Anyone for dinner?!
Now I can crack on with the Ottoman/Chaise…weekly installments start next week! Comments are welcome…
Progress is good, all the back rests on the chairs have been fixed with the brass decorative nails.
Once the seat edges have been nailed, the corners will need sewing up and the seat bottoms will be finished with black cotton for a professional finish.
This project will soon be complete!
A quiet but steady week of hammering!
Tacked down the seat covers so they are now ready for some brass decorative nails. There are many different designs and sizes of decorative nails, so after lots of searching I went for these ‘daisy dome’ nails, I thought they would compliment the chair and the fabric.
Before I get down to hammering the nails (which is no easy job with oak), I’ve been working on the back rest; covered the backside, filled out the middle using cotton felt, a layer of scim wadding and then this is all held together with a calico layer.
The backrest is now ready for the top cover – this will be fixed down with the decorative nails directly.
Next job, will be getting the brass nails in, this will require some patience and precision…
It’s all getting very close to finishing – a full set of six chairs, the only thing is… I’ll have to find a table to compliment them!